As we welcome you back to our office, we want to reassure you that your safe treatment here is our number one goal. We are following the most recent advice from the CDC and our professional organizations to make changes to keep you, our other patients, and our team safe from infection. Some changes include:
- All services will be provided by appointment only (including non-dental services - if you would like to come in with a concern or payment for our office manager, please call ahead)
- There will be a limited number of appointments available for a period of time in order to limit overcrowding.
- We set up our waiting rooms differently and restructured our appointments to minimize wait times and limit contact between patients.
- At this time, no family members or friends are allowed with you to your appointment, unless absolutely necessary. Patients who are minors will be allowed to have one parent or guardian with them if needed. Patients who require extra help or care will be allowed to have one caregiver with them.
- When you arrive, we ask that you wait in your car instead of the waiting room and call us at 616-896-7600 to let us know you have arrived.
- All patients and staff will be screened for fever and asked a series of screening questions prior to entering our office. All patients with a temperature of greater than 100.0 degrees or positive response to a screening question will be denied access to the office.
- All patients and staff will be required to wear a facemask while in the office. Please wear a mask to your appointment. We will have a limited supply for those who do not have one.
- Please use the hand sanitizer that is available on your way in and out of the office.
- We are doing frequent and extensive cleaning, especially in high touch areas.
- All fixtures and equipment will be sanitized in between patient use according to CDC guidelines.
- If you have any of the following symptoms: cough, fever, or known Covid exposure, we ask that you please call ahead and reschedule your appointment.
- Please minimize travel within the two weeks prior to your appointment.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we continue to navigate through these unprecedented times. Please do not hesitate to contact the office with questions or concerns.We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our office.
Prior to your first dental appointment following March 16, 2020, please review the following informed consent form. We ask that you sign prior to entering the building. Thank you for your cooperation. covid-19-informed-consent.docx